Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lately I've been living in my head

So I don't know, taking that week off from school was pretty nice. Gave me a look at the rest of my life (sort of).

Again, past memories plaguing me seems to be the theme of the month.

Moving on, I figured I'd review something for a change (I'd like to get into this habit).

Tragedy: The Greatest Metal Tribute To The BeeGees In The Northeast Corridor.

Your first thought is probably somewhere along the lines of: "That sounds ridiculous." I shit you not, you'd be wrong to think that. I recently took a trip to Philly's Trocadero Theater to see the Aquabats, and when I heard that Tragedy was opening for them, I thought the very same thing. However, somewhere between waiting in line with a couple of metal-heads screaming "FINLAND!!!" (along with a few other things that most people would find incredibly grotesque), I was enlightened. Granted, I was never a fan of the BeeGees, but these guys and girls blew my mind from here to kingdom come. They came on stage dressed like something out of your father's retired '70s disco fad infused with that intense glam rock style that fits every metal tribute to the BeeGees oh so well. And their sound? You'll just have to listen for yourself.

Currently listening to: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Rascal King

2 comments:

TJ said...

In case you hadn't seen it...http://vivalamainstream.blogspot.com/2008/11/weekend-wtf-bee-gees-drink-some.html

style-magnet said...

omgz they were BANGIN.